Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Watch out, here I come

Yes. It's true. They have given me a blog. They have given me a blog on a day that had me contemplating the following things that should probably not be consumed by the general public:

1) What is the lifespan of a chicken?

2) Are there any battles named after me*?

3) Will Dan Rather become Howard Beale?

4) Have I ever walked in the same building (could be at different times) as the Pet Shop Boys?

Why was I driving myself crazy contemplating these things? Cubicles. Papers. Asinine questions from co-workers. Broken Google toolbar.

Work. In. General.

I am convinced that the post-911 political climate in the States not only has everyone either 1) terrified and patriotic or 2) cynical and outraged. Irregardless, this entire country seems to be in a depressed slump where people watch other people live ridiculous lives (aka sheltered 22 year-olds on the Real World looking to have meaningful "real life" experiences) and continue on absorbing useless information and characters from a distance on the premise that we are living. We stay in jobs we hate because they tell us the economy is crap. We all have ADD. We buy duct tape and take our shoes off at the airport. We use condoms and webcams. We are all scared.

So basically: 1) I hate my job and think everyone else does too 2) I have too much time on my hands and so does everyone else 3) since I've read so many crap blogs out there about boyfriend troubles, menstrual cycles and annoying offspring, it's only fair that you read about my handbags and fags.

TTFN.

*Yes, there is a battle named after my family name. But that's another posting...

No comments: