Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Best thing ever

Each morning on my way to work, I run into about 8,000,000 preteens stocking up on candy and slurpees and nacho cheese at the local 7-11 before school. This morning, I went into the smelly store to get a bottle of water and found the following note* that one of the kids must have dropped:

green ballpoint: I heard you did like L. That's what G said.
turquoise ballpoint: I don't like L besides as a friend.
green ballpoint: Then why does G say that? I think L thinks so too.
turquoise ballpoint: I don't like L, and I'm not telling who I like.
green ballpoint: But why don't you like L?
turquoise ballpoint: Why do you care? Are you her spy or something?
green ballpoint: No. I just want to know why you don't like her.
turquoise ballpoint: Because she doesn't brush her teeth and she wears weird socks, ok?

Yes!

* I was surprised to find a handwritten note, as I thought everything we used to write in elaborate notes folded 800 times and slid under desks was now communicated through text messages, which I find sad, as part of the fun of passing these notes was the thrill of potentially getting caught and being forced to eat a piece of binder paper with incriminating personal thoughts to save yourself the embarrassment of having your love life broadcast to the entire classroom by your middle-aged teacher.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As long as we got each other we can take anything that comes our way. Baby rain or shine. All the time. We got each other. Sharing the laughter and luurve... Anon.

KelBel said...

That's great. So's you're blog. I love it!

Anonymous said...

Thank for this great post, i like what you

read.