Monday, September 17, 2007

Nabakovian Monday Wisdom

As far back as I remember myself (with interest, with amusement, seldom with admiration or disgust), I have been subject to mild hallucinations. Some are aural, others are optical, and by none have I profited much...I am pestered by roguish profiles, by some coarse-featured and florid dwarf with a swelling nostril or ear. At times hoever, my photisms take on a rather soothing flou quality, and then I see- projected, as it were, upon the inside of my eyelid- gray figures walking between beehives, or small black parrots gradually vanishing among mountain snows, or a mauve remoteness melting beyond moving masses.

And I thought this was just because I drank too much coffee...

1 comment:

DG said...

I love your writing and the highlight of my day (WEEK actually) was to check your blog and see three new posts. I'm a bit behind...

LOVE, the Bea Arthur photo! She's my grandmother... my new grandma Bea Arthur, actually.